According to the California Pizza Kitchen website their Kung Pao Spaghetti is make with a classic Kung Pao sauce with garlic, green onions, peanuts and hot red chilies. When you order you may choose chicken, shrimp or chicken & shrimp combo. The recipe below looks like a lot of ingredients but it is very easy to make. Get everything out and cut up before you start cooking.
1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 lb chicken or shrimp
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp white wine
1 green pepper thin sliced
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 green onions
1 Tbsp corn starch
2 celery stalks thin sliced
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp grated ginger
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
2 small dried red hot peppers
pinch red pepper flakes
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Mix the cubed chicken & peel shrimp with corn starch and soy sauce and marinate for 1/2 hours.
Mix the seasoning sauce in a bowl and set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or skillet and fry the chicken or shrimp until done.
Remove and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a wok and stir fry the veggies until they are slightly tender.
- Add the fresh ginger.
- Add the seasoning sauce, stirring until thick.
- Add meat, stir until thoroughly heated.
- Add hot peppers and flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat, add peanuts, mix well.
- Toss in drained, cooked spaghetti.