The California Pizza Kitchen Restaurant is famous for its pizzas but their Tequilla Fettucine is quite a unique dish. If you would like to learn how to make this meal at home read on to find the restaurant copycat recipe which uses simple ingredients found in any grocery store.
1/2 lb fettuccine pasta
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
2 tsp butter
1/8 red onion, sliced
1 Tbsp mince garlic
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1 Tbsp jalapeno peppers
1 tsp tequila
1/4 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 green bell pepper, sliced
10 oz boneless chicken breast
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Saute cilantro, garlic and jalapeno pepper in 2 Tbsp of butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add stock, tequila and lime juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste consistency.
- Set aside.
- Pour soy sauce over chicken and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet sauce onion and peppers with remain butter, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and soy sauce.
- Toss and add the tequila/lime paste and cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the suace is thick.
- Toss with well drained fettuccini.
- Garnish with cilantro