Here is an easy restaurant copycat recipe for California Pizza Kitchen's Lettuce Wraps. These are a very popular item on the menu and can be made with chicken or any other meat. Read on to find out how to make this dish at home using simple ingredients and limited cooking skills.
Ingredients for the Sauce
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp dry sherry
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 lb chicken breast
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup bamboo shoot
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp cornstarch mixed
1/2 water chestnut
1 sliced ginger root, mince
with 2 Tbsp water
1 stalk of celery, diced
1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet on high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and green onions. Fry until garlic and ginger are aromatic.
- Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is browned.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and celery to the pan.
- Add the sauce ingredients and cook on medium heat.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet.
- Add chicken back to the pan. Cook for 22-3 more minutes stirring to heat the chicken.
- The lettuce wraps are designed to be eaten "taco style" with the chicken mixture folded into a package